I’ve never done an “open thread” post before but I’ve gotten bogged down with a monster work deadline this week, so I thought I’d give it a shot. There’s no reason you guys shouldn’t be able to talk to each other while I’m working on getting the next post up, right?
So have at it! Feel free to post about anything at all. The only rule is the standard one: I won’t tolerate douchebaggery here, so don’t be a douchebag.
To get the ball rolling, here are a few questions that have been kickin’ around in my own head…
- Have you read The Trickster & The Paranormal? Ran recommended this book to me when he was here but I only recently started reading it. I’m about 3/4 of the way thru. What did you think of it?
- Along with that — what do you think of the vast increase in paranormal-related media the past 10 years or so? Do you think there’s been an increase in paranormal phenomena, or do you think there’s just more media attention now? Do you think this is related to collapse and if so, how?
- Has anyone here been a peaknik long enough to remember relocalization? How do you think Transition Towns, and more recently John Robb’s Resilient Communities project, stack up?
- Did you go to the Age of Limits conference, or follow the blog posts & such about it? What did/do you think of this attempt to bring spirituality into the collapse conversation?
- How do you personally manage navigating a world in which TPTB relentlessly bombard the populace with blatantly transparent lies about everything under the sun, including things that really don’t need to be lied about?
- What do you suppose keeps Christian fundamentalists from rioting and killing people over perceived offenses, while Islamic fundamentalists seem to go berserk over the slightest trespass? Will Christian fundamentalists start going berserk at some point and if so, what will push them over the edge?
…so we’ll see how this goes. Again, don’t feel constrained by the questions listed above, those are just things I’d be interested in hearing your opinions about.